10 Best Summer Wedding Appetizers
These Best Wedding Appetizers are great for weddings and other celebrations that take place in fair weather. They’re light, refreshing, and cool. These can be served at any time of the evening, or as a pre-dinner drink.
Food is a great way to keep guests busy during the transition between ceremony/reception. Mix and mingle over appetizers or cocktails to pass the time.
Once you’ve chosen a venue and selected a theme for your event, it’s now time to create a menu that matches your vision. It turns out that food is very important to most people.
|Also Read: American Deli Menu Prices|
According to the National Association of Wedding Professionals’ recent survey, guests rank “food” as the number one reason they attend weddings. This is in addition to family and friends.
Wedding Catering Tips
Before you make final decisions about catering services, ensure that there is enough seating for all guests at your outdoor wedding. You could end up running around trying to find extra chairs hours before the celebrations begin.
These guidelines will help you choose the right caterer:
1) Make sure that they have menus that are tailored to your preferences. They must be able to identify what foods they like and offer those items on their menu.
2) Ask questions of other couples and ask for references. This will give you an insight into potential problems. This also allows you to identify vendors that provide outstanding customer service.
3) Consider seasonal availability. This means that if your wedding falls during peak times like Thanksgiving, or Christmas, you shouldn’t expect to get great deals. Choose a date that is far from both holidays.
|Read More: The Original Burger King Whopper Menu|
4) Don’t just look at the price when choosing a vendor. Ask about labor costs, delivery fees, and set-up fees. These expenses can quickly add up, especially if you serve multiple courses. You only have to pay once but you must add additional costs every time you host another dinner.
5) Don’t underestimate the amount of work that goes into making a large meal. Many restaurants cannot accommodate more than six to eight people. Even then, many restaurants ask their customers to split their orders. You’ll need to plan accordingly. Although you can order smaller portions to save money, some items won’t fit on plates that are small enough for two.
6) Some types of cuisine are more time-consuming to prepare than others. A buffet takes very little time to prepare, while dinner at a table requires a lot of work. Remember that cooking can take place over many days so make sure to choose recipes that you can prepare well in advance.
7) Finally, consider whether you would rather have your own chef or prefer to use a professional chef. Although hiring chefs can be costly, it will allow you to control all aspects of your event. Chefs often have experience managing large parties. If you prefer to do everything yourself, consider local culinary schools. Part-time work in high-end kitchens can earn students college credit.
Best summer wedding appetizers
After you have that done, you can begin planning your menu. Some couples opt to offer lighter appetizers and skip the formal dinner for summer weddings. These classic options are available:
Watermelon & Cucumber Salad
Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
Hot Artichoke Dip
Sausage Cheese Balls
Lemon Pepper Popcorn
Scroll down for more fashionable summer wedding appetizer ideas
Guacamole Bruschetta is made with avocados, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and made in bulk.
Cucumber Salad Bite
These Cucumber Salad bites are so refreshing! You can make it more fun by giving different dip sauces, or just one.
|Read More: Burger King Tacos Menu|
Spinach, Pear, Pecan, and Cranberry Pinwheels
These pinwheels make a great appetizer. They are crunchy, fruity, and poppable.
This Crab Martini is a great appetizer. This can be served cold and is great for holding your guests over in case you have too many photos between the ceremony/reception.
|Read More: Sushiro Singapore Menu|
Caprese Salad Kabobs Recipe
Caprese salad is a favorite, especially when it comes on a stick.
Blue Cheese and Pear Tart
This recipe has only four main ingredients. It tastes delicious. You can either cut it into small wedges or serve it as an appetizer with a salad.
|Read More: KFC Singapore Menu|
Italian Stuffed Sandwich
This Italian Stuffed Sandwich is another fun, substantial recipe that uses two types of meat!
Prosciutto-Wrapped Mango Bites
It’s delicious. At the deli counter, ask for thin slices of meat. You can make this recipe even simpler by using paper-thin slices of meat or pre-sliced mango.
Zucchini Bites with Harissa, Goat Cheese, Lime & Mint
These zucchini rolls are filled with spicy goat cheese, fresh lime juice zest, mint, and zest. These little bite-sized treats are full of fun favors.
|Read More: Starbucks Menu Singapore|
Three steps are all it takes to make these Shrimp Crostini treats.
Family-Style Caprese Salad
This Caprese salad will delight everyone. It can be served at the dinner table before the main course.
Fresh Fruit Station
Fruit is delicious and makes for beautiful displays. Serve all summer favorites like strawberries and watermelon at a summer wedding.
You can make fancy French fries. These potato sticks can be used as an appetizer at your wedding. Your guests will appreciate it.
|Official website: https://www.newjerseybride.com/|
These mini sliders are great for a casual wedding reception. These mini sliders are great with tater tots or french fries.
Your wedding guests will be more excited to try the main course if your hors-d’oeuvres look so good.
People Also Search Best Wedding Appetizers
|wedding hors doeuvres instead of dinner|
wedding food ideas
|southern appetizers for wedding|
|cocktail hour food covid|
|simple cocktail hour snacks|
foods in wedding
|easy wedding cocktail hour appetizers|
foods for wedding
|wedding appetizers to make ahead|
foods at weddings
|what to serve during wedding cocktail hour|
food for weddings
|wedding appetizers on a budget|
appetizers for weddings
|wedding appetizer menu|
appetizers for wedding
|wedding reception appetizer menu ideas|
|what appetizers to serve at a wedding||appetizer menu for wedding reception|
|best finger foods for wedding receptions||appetizer only wedding reception menu|
People Also Ask Best Wedding Appetizers
How many appetizers should you serve at a wedding?
Minimum five types of passed hors de oeuvres are recommended, with at least two servings per guest.
What do you serve at a 2pm wedding reception?
finger food and/or past hors-d’oeuvres with beverages or cocktails are a great choice for weddings in the afternoon. You can also try deviled eggs, special cheeses, kabobs and bruschetta. If you love seafood, then small plates of oysters, crab cakes, and shrimp might be a good idea.
How many appetizers do I need for 100 guests?
For catered appetizers, you should allow for six servings per guest. This will give you approximately 600 appetizers for a 100-person party. To give your guests something to eat when they arrive, you can offer snacks such as nuts, fruits, and pretzels.
What is the difference between an appetizer and an hors d oeuvres?
Time Eaten: Hors d’oeuvres are usually served before the meal begins. Appetizers, on the other hand, tend to be the start of the meal. A hors-d’oeuvre is not considered part of the meal. However, appetizers are often chosen to complement the next courses.
What is the most popular wedding meal?
A plated dinner is the most popular choice for a reception. The formal dinner is where all guests are served. It usually includes two courses: an appetizer and a main course, plus dessert if it is served at the table.
What is cocktail hour at a wedding?
The cocktail hour is a chance to personalize decor, food, or other elements of your wedding celebration. You can share your family history, your personalities as a couple, and your culture or ethnicity during the cocktail hour.
How much should I charge for appetizers?
Hors d’oeuvres: $14 to $18. Buffet dinner: $10-14 Plated dinners: $11-$15 Stations: $14-$18